AMR has two locations, Ann Arbor and Okemos, Michigan. We have been providing management and event services for over 20 years. Our company is well known and respected in the industry, and we are an equal opportunity employer. We are looking for individuals whose core values align with ours! These core values define our culture and the way we do business.
We will post any openings below, as they become available.
Current Openings: 1
October 1, 2017
Association Manager/Event Planner – Okemos
This position requires working with multiple non-profit associations. Responsible for overall administrative tasks and event management.
• Provide administrative and clerical support as directed
• Database maintenance
• Serves as primary liaison with internal and external parties
• Member relations
• Negotiate contracts and/or agreements with service providers which include registration services, speakers, hotels, website management, Convention and Visitors Bureau, transportation and facilities
• Coordinate program development – conference theme, session selection, scheduling, and room assignments
• Coordinate special events, i.e., banquet
• Coordinate speaker recruitment
• Responsible for recruitment of event sponsors
• Coordinate services for event such as transportation, parking, meals, and printing
• Coordinate event details such as audio visual, equipment, signage and scheduling volunteer staff.
• Financial management – monitor budget, assure event income and expenses are accurate and updated in a timely manner
• Prior experience managing all logistics of an event
• Familiar with accounting procedures and practices; understands budget development and management
• Prior database management experience
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Customer Service Experience
• Ability to work with a diverse group of constituents
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Must enjoy and be good at multitasking (working with multiple projects/people at the same time)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Position location: Okemos
Position opening: Immediate
Send application letter and resume along with salary and benefit requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org